UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Tool Tuesday: Dry Body Brush

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tool Tuesday: Dry Body Brush

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/27/2012 08:17:00 PM
It seems that I'm a bit obsessive, as I'm going to talk about yet another brush as a beauty tool. Maybe because it is one of the oldest known beauty tools. I don't know the history of brushes but you can imagine, it has to have a llooonnng history!

Today's brush is the 'body brush'...
Body brushing is a very old beauty technique. Somewhere along the line of history, it fell out of favor in the Western Civilization. Too bad, because it is something that is therapeutic in several ways and for many people.

Here's why I use the body brush...
It removes the dry, dead skin cells. That's one reason. The other is that it stimulates the skin and promotes a higher turn-over of cells. And then the last reason that is probably going to have a lot of reader drop-off is that it stimulates the lymphatic system and promotes detoxing as well as a healthy immune system.

If you are still with me, let me explain. Have you ever gotten swollen nodes on the sides your throat when you are sick? That's the lymphatic system working to isolate a virus, attack it and then, removing it from your body. You have a lot more of those nodes throughout your body; armpits, crease of your hips, behind your knees, etc. Well, check this photo out and you'll see what I mean...
In a nutshell, the lymphatic system is part of your immune system. Body brushing helps make this system work better and you can possibly get sick less often.

I used to teach nutrition classes and I have a whole lecture on the lymphatic system and using the body brush. You'll have to attend a lecture to be bored with it longer than a blog post.

So, there are two main reasons; makes my skin soft and boosts my immune system.

Brushing is just like exfoliating. That's all it is. But, the brushing is done dry. I do it before I get into the shower. That way I wash off all the sloughed off dry skin. It is recommended that this is to be done every day. I actually do it more in the winter when I'm battling dry skin the most. But, brushing every day feels good. And who wants to feel good? I thought so.

I purchased this brush from The Fuller Brush Company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates