UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Tool Tuesday: Cuticle Nippers

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tool Tuesday: Cuticle Nippers

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/05/2012 08:26:00 PM
On my purchase list at the recent hair/nails/skin licensed professional convention, was to get a good pair of cuticle nippers. I have two pair and one is from way back when I went to nail tech school...over 2 decades ago. Gasp!


It was high time to replace both of the ones I had. I was going to be at the perfect place too. Here is what I got...
I stopped by a booth that was selling a variety of nail tools from nippers to acrylic nail brushes to twizzers. This company had 17 different cuticle nippers to choose from. The best I could do was find a pair that felt comfortable in my hands and was plenty sharp. The above was the pair I chose.


These babies are sharp too...


I made sure that the hinge was smooth, as some of them seemed like they 'hitched' when pinched together. The two blades needed to match perfectly. And, even though I made my choice by looking and testing a demos, I went through the same inspection with the pair I paid for too.


Even though I had my old pair since 1990, it had only become dull, not rusted or pitted. Taking very good care of them made a difference. I do know it was a quality pair and was part of a 3-set made by a Germany company. Back then, I paid $65 for the set. My new pair, $12.


Time will tell if I picked a good one. So far, I'm really pleased. I'm actually 'nipping' instead of 'pulling' like before. And I found the instructions on the back of the package really easy to follow...
How good are your cuticle nippers?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just like the valuable information you supply for your articles.

I'll bookmark your blog and test once more right here frequently.
I'm fairly sure I'll be informed many new stuff right right here!
Best of luck for the next!

Take a look at my webpage diatomaceous earth gnats ()

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates